St Mary’s foundation stone was laid in 1915 and the building was completed in 1920 with community support and financial assistance from a local family. Since the Methodist Chapel closed in the 1970s, St Mary’s has been a Local Ecumenical Project and the sole place of worship in Unstone. Our small congregation is strong in faith and fellowship, and always supportive of one another, especially through recent years.
There is no greater joy than at special services at Christmas, Easter and Remembrance when our beautiful building reverberates to the sound of a full congregation and there is great potential for sharing our faith in a more traditional way, celebrating band concerts, weddings and landmark events in style.
Rev Paul Mellors – Vicar
Ian Wright – Warden
Heather Longden – Warden